Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bandwagon

Well, Blogosphere, I’m here. Are you excited?

Too much hemming (pun intended) and hawing, but I’ve decided to just do it.

I used to read books, but since becoming a mother, that seems to have been replaced by blogs – I can always squeeze my Reader in whatever small increments I have to spare. (I guess that is the story of our generation, though?) I have always loved to read and write, and recently decided to return to school for a degree in English.

Since becoming a mother, I have also picked up sewing and it is now a huge passion of mine. Where do I begin to explain why? I love thinking of something and watching it come to life by my own two hands, and for much cheaper than buying it. I love gifting something handmade. I love sewing for my daughter and when (but not always) she really loves it. I love learning new techniques and better ways to sew something. I have a ridiculous addiction to fabric, especially Japanese imports…ooh, I love them!

Naturally, the next step would be for me to start a sewing blog, right? Hopefully it is a way of motivation, as I tend to get lazy with sewing sometimes, despite 50 projects popping up in my head. I mostly want to share projects, ideas, things I’m excited about with family and friends, and also to share updates in family life – we were recently married and have a 19 month old daughter, so there is plenty to talk about!

I look forward to sharing days to come, and hearing your responses! Bienvenidos!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...